This year the Hyde Park Historical Society is a Community Partner with the Chicago Architecture Foundation’s Open House Chicago and we encourage our members to participate in this fun and interesting event.
Open House Chicago needs volunteers to help staff the check-in tables at the 200 sites in this year’s events. If you are interested in participating you can sign up at openhousechicago.org/volunteer.
For a four-hour shift, all volunteers receive:
- A Priority Access pass and admission to Members Only sites for you and a companion
- 50% off a CAF membership
- 15% discount at the CAF Store
- OHC t-shirt souvenir
- Two free CAF walking tour passes
If you mention the Hyde Park Historical Society in the “who recruited you” field, CAF will do their best to schedule you at one of the Hyde Park or nearby sites.
This year’s Hyde-Park/Kenwood/Woodlawn sites are:
- Robie House
- Quadrangle Club
- University of Chicago Chiller Plant
- KAM Isiah Israel Congregation
- Regents Park
- Cinderella Ballroom
- Shrine of Christ the King
- First Presbyterian Church