K.A.M. Isaiah Israel Congregation
Address: 1100 E. Hyde
Year Built: 1924; addition, 1926
Architect: Alfred S. Alschuler
Date Designated a Chicago Landmark: April 16, 1996
The first Jewish
settlers in the city organized
Kehilath Anshe Maariv in 1847;
Isaiah Israel had its roots in the city's second
Jewish congregation, which was founded in 1852.
In 1971, the two merged to form K.A.M. Isaiah Israel Congregation.
based on Byzantine-style
design precedents, houses the oldest